- Associate Professor of Theatre
- Ph.D. Wayne State University
- M.A., Purdue University
- B.A., Biola University
Kate worked in the entertainment industry for 9 years as a PA, Asst. Coordinator, AD, etc. Created and directed a performing theater company for several years while living in Los Angeles.
- National Communication Association
- Christians in Theater Arts
- Religious Communication Associations
- Biola University Studio Task Force
- Panel Participant at NCA – Theater Division: Moving Forward, Looking Back – Forensics, Performance Studies and Theatre: Intersection and Convergence of Three Subcultures, 2004.
- Brandon, K. (2003, May). The Land of Narrative Journey of Discovery.
- Paper accepted by the Interpersonal Small Group Communication Interest Group of the International Communication Association for the 2003 convention in San Diego
- National Forensics Association: We Don’t Need No Grown-ups: A Discussion on Student-Run Forensics Programs, 2003.
- Brandon, K. (2002, October) The Cinderella Syndrome: Fairy Tale Communication to Women.
- Paper competitively selected by and presented at The Organization of the Study of Communication, Language, and Gender Conference, Minneapolis.
Participant in Teacher Training Seminars on:
- Student-Teacher Relationships
- Presentation Skills
- Assessing Papers and Performance
- Designing Instruction
- Lecturing Techniques